Olivia Wilde’s column for Glamour was supposed to be for soon-to-be 30-year-olds but I think the “Cut the Bullsh-t and Go Be Awesome” stage isn’t just for when you hit 30. I guess it’s more clear at that time but I think even someone like me who just turned 25 can be at that point of his/her life. I also need to cut the bullshit and be awesome.
She listed nine points or pieces of advice to follow that I also think surpasses any age and I hope you think about this Tuesday.
- DON’T freak out about all the brilliant people who accomplished more than you by 30.
- DO enjoy your sexual prime.
- DON’T cut your face.
- DO travel.
- DON’T propose to the next guy you meet just because you worry he’ll be your last chance at lifelong companionship.
- DO reap the benefits of your accumulated wisdom.
- DON’T feel pressured to pop out kids.
- DO learn a new skill.
- DON’T be bogged down by your past.
DO Travel. You’re old enough to know where not to go but young enough to feel guilt-free being entirely unreachable.